1. Current events of International, National and State Importance : It will cover events of national importance like coalition government system, economic liberalization, economic recession, regional extremism and separatist movements – Naxalism; Maoism and Salwa judum; national security, internal security, communal harmony, and international perspectives like- nuclear policy issues and conflicts; impact of globalization on the socio-economic conditions of developing countries and global food crisis.
2. Sports and Games : Questions based on important sports, games and tournaments, awards and personalities of the world, India and Uttarakhand will be asked.
3. History of India : History of India will cover a broad understanding of ancient, mediaeval and modern India’s political, socio-economic and cultural aspects; Indian freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
4. Elementary Knowledge of Indian Constitution : Questions will be set on Indian Constitution as may be expected from an educated person who has not made a special study of the Constitution. RTI, Right to education, Intellectual property right and Consumer protection rights. Different Welfare programmes and Acts passed for the weaker and minority sections of society and different National and State Commissions for their upliftment.
5. Indian polity and Economy : The questions will cover Indian polity, Panchayati raj and Community development, broad features of Indian economy and planning.
6. Geography of India and Demography : It will include questions on broad understanding of geographical, ecological, socio-economic and demographic aspects of India.
7. General Science and Environment : Questions on General science and environment will cover general understanding and application of science, including matters of day to day observation and experience, as may be expected from an educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline, global environmental problems and solutions, nutritional requirements for human growth, 25 application of genetic engineering in human welfare; diseases of cattle, birds, plants and their prevention.
8. Indian Agriculture : Questions will cover the general awareness of candidates in respect of crops, white, yellow and green revolutions, agricultural production and its contribution to rural economy, SEZ, use of Nano and bio-technologies in the field of agriculture, problems of Indian farmers, and land reforms.
9. Science and Technology : Questions will be based on candidate’s awareness of the development in the field of science and technology, information technology, space technology, electronic media, basic knowledge of computers and cyber crimes.
10. History of Uttarakand : Historical background of Uttarakhand : Ancient period (from earliest to 1200 AD) ; Mediaeval period (from 1200 to 1815 AD) : Important dynasties and their achievements; Gorkha invasion and administration, British rule, Tehri State and its administration, role of Uttarakhand in the Freedom movement of India and related eminent personalities, historical sites and monuments; movement for the formation of Uttarakhand, contribution of people of Uttarakhand in national and international fields, especially in Armed forces; different social reform movements, and different welfare programmes of Uttarakhand for SC, ST, children, minorities and women.
11. Culture of Uttarakand : Castes and tribes, religious and folk beliefs, literature and folk literature, traditions and customs, costumes and ornaments; Fairs and Festivels, food habits, Art and Crafts, dances, songs, musical instruments, major tourist places, important sports, tournaments and awards, famous authors and poets of the Uttarakhand and their contribution in the field of Hindi literature and folk literature, State steps taken by Uttarakhand for the development of culture.
12. Geography and Demography of Uttarakhand : Geographical Setup. Salient features of Uttarakhand Himalaya. Rivers and streams, mountains, climate, forest resources and horticulture. Major crops and crop rotation. Means of irrigation. Agricultural holdings. Natural and man made calamities and Disaster management. Water crises and watershed management. Problems of remote areas. Environment and environmental movements. Biodiversity and its preservation. Population of Uttarakhand: Classification, density, sex ratio, literacy and outmigration.
13. Economic, Political and Administrative Background of Uttarakhand –
1. Political and Administrative Background – Elected governments in Uttarakhand and their policies, different services in the State, the political and administrative systems, Panchayti raj,Community development and Co-operatives.
2. The historical background of the adminstrative system in Uttarakhand – Land management system under Gorkhas rule and British rule, district land management (Thokdari, van panchayat, civil and soyam forest, Kesar-i-hind(benap land)Nazul, nayabad settlements) Modern period- Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand-Kumaun land reforms, change in land tenures and collection of land revenue after the enforcement of Zamidari Abolition Act, revenue police system.
3. Economic background – Indo-Tibetan trade from border districts, the present position, local agriculture and animal husbandry, the uneconomic condition of land holdings and need for consoldation of holdings, Begar and Dadwar systems.
14. Economic and natural resoures : Human resources, Education system of the State and important educational institutes; forest, water, herbs, agriculture, animals, hydro electricity, minerals, tourism, industries (Small and Village) the position of utiliszation of resources. Various schemes being implemented in Uttrarakhand for the eradication of poverty and unemployment and for economic development. Economic activities and their contribution in the State GDP. The priorites of development in Uttarakhand and new strategies of planning and problems. Marketing facilities in Uttarakhand and agriculture mandis. The salient features of the budget of Uttarakhand State.
15. Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams : Questions will be based on candidate’s ability to draw conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical and diagrammatical form and to interpret them.
निम्नलिखित में से किसी एक शीर्षक पर हिंदी अथवा अंग्रेजी भाषा में लगभग 400 शब्दों में निबंध लिखिए –
अ- साहित्य और संस्कृति (Literature & Culture)
ब- सामाजिक क्षेत्र (Social & Political Sphere)
द- उत्तराखंड का सामाजिक क्षेत्र (Social & Political Sphere)
स- विज्ञान पर्यावरण एवं प्रौद्योगिकी (Science, Environment & Technology)
य- राष्ट्रीय एवं अंतर्राष्ट्रीय घटनाक्रम (National & International Events)
र- प्राकृतिक आपदाएं यथा भूस्खलन, भूकंप, बाड़, सूखा आदि (Natural Calamities like Land slides, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc)
(ख) हिंदी सारांश लेखन (लगभग 300 शब्दों में)
अ- उचित शीर्षक
ब- मूल गद्यांश का सारांश
स- तीन रेखांकित अंशों की व्याख्या
(ग) हिंदी आलेखन
शासकीय व अर्धशासकीय पत्र, कार्यालय आदेश, कार्यालय ज्ञाप, परिपत्र विज्ञप्ति, निविदा सूचना टिप्पणी
(घ) हिंदी गद्यांश का अंग्रेजी में अनुवाद
(त) अंग्रेजी गद्यांश का हिंदी में अनुवाद
Help us to improve this article/job posting "Lower Subordinate Services Main Examination Syllabus". We would be glad if you can comment below and provide your valuable suggestions and feedback. If this page have any wrong information/list or out of context content, then you can report us as well.
If you have any questions, you can also ask as in the following comments section. Our team will try to provide answers/solutions to all your Why, Who, Where, When, What, How and other related questions of Lower Subordinate Services Main Examination Syllabus