The Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun invites application for filling up four positions of Senior Project Fellow for the Project entitled “Management Planning of Kushseshwarasthan and Baraila Sanctuaries in Bihar” through a walk-in-interview on Tuesday, 20th March 2015 on purely temporary and contractual basis for a duration of 6 months.
WII is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India. It carries out wildlife research in areas of study like Biodiversity, Endangered Species, Wildlife Policy, Wildlife Management, Wildlife Forensics, Spatial Modeling, Ecodevelopment, and Climate Change.
The person selected to the post has the option to draw their parent cadre pay plus Deputation Allowance.
Project Title : Management Planning of Kushseshwarasthan and Baraila Sanctuaries in Bihar
Name of the post : Senior Project Fellow
No. of post(s) : 04
Pay Scale : Rs. 14000/-PM + HRA
Age limit : 35 yrs
Post Graduate Degree in Forestry/Wildlife Science/Environmental Science/Agricultural Science/Life Science/Botany/ Zoology/ Sociology/Social Science/Economics/Communication or any other subject relevant to Wildlife Sciences with 60% aggregated marks and above from a recognized university.
– To prepare an inventory of the flora and fauna /socio-economic status and resource dependency of local people around Kushseshwarasthan and Baraila Sanctuaries
– Conduct soil water analysis
– Prepare land use land cover maps on GIS domain
– Conduct stakeholders analysis and workshops and derive sustainable livelihood options for the local people
– Prepare visitors profile, sample education and interpretation materials and assist in preparation of sustainable tourism management plans and
– Assist in the preparation of an integrated wetland management Plan of the above mentioned PAs.
The candidates should report by 0930 hrs. for scrutiny of documents on 20th March 2015 followed by an Interview on the same day.
Date of interview : 20 March 2015