The Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun invites application for filling up one post of Project Coordinator for the project entitled “Partnering to support Gir Lion Conservation in Gujarat” purely on contractual basis for a period of one year which is extendable depending upon the performance. The selection will be through a walk-in-interview on Wednesday, 06 May 2015.
WII is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India.
It carries out wildlife research in areas of study like Biodiversity, Endangered Species, Wildlife Policy, Wildlife Management, Wildlife Forensics, Spatial Modeling, Ecodevelopment, and Climate Change.
The person selected to the post has the option to draw their parent cadre pay plus Deputation Allowance.
Project Title : Partnering to support Gir Lion Conservation in Gujarat
Name of the post : Project Coordinator
No. of post(s) : 01
Pay Scale : Rs. 40,000/-PM
Age limit : 40 yrs
Location of Project Site : Gujarat
Ph.D Degree in Zoology/Wildlife Science/Forestry/Life Science from a recognized University.
– Training of Gujarat Forest Department officials and staff in monitoring ecological parameters as well as wildlife crimes throughout the Gir Conservation Area (GCA).
– Define monitoring needs and site resources – Stakeholder workshop (finalise data structure, data collection forms, protocols and reporting templates)
– Ranger and trainers training in use of data forms, data collection protocols and other enforcement skills (training of trainers)
– Pilot implementation of field data forms
– Train user(s) at site level in data entry, quality control and processing and report generation.
– Assessment of existing and modified husbandry and enclosure design in Sakkarbaug Zoo and Devalia Interpretation Centre
– Prescribing improved husbandry protocols and enclosure design at Sakkarbaug Zoo and Devalia Interpretation Centre
Assessment of hormonal profiles of captive animals for improved conservation breeding and better welfare
– Training of zoo personnel in improved animal husbandry practices
– Developing Species Recovery and Conservation Breeding Plan
– Training and capacity building of zoo staff, veterinary staff and frontline rescue staff in capture and translocation of “conflict” lions as well as disease surveillance in captured as well as captive populations.
– General health screening of animals (Body Condition Index, parasite load through coprological investigations) initiated
– Support for upgrading existing infrastructure
– Coordinate to Establish an Advisory Board comprising of representatives from GFD, WII and ZSL to develop design, resource materials for the Interpretation Centres
– Assessment of existing status of extension activities (at Sasan & Devalia) and developing resource materials (at Sasan, Devalia; Junagadh for Girnar WLS & Sakkarbaug and Jasadhar/Dhari for upcoming Interpretation park) and implementation of improved interpretation and education activities
– Providing basic ecological training for tourist guides, drivers and Interpretation Centre staff in public engagement
– Developing a curriculum targeted at local schools
– Coordinate wildlife health capacity needs in consultation with WII faculty
Desirous candidates should report by 09 : 30 hrs. for scrutiny of documents on 6th May, 2015 to the address given below followed by an Interview on the same day. No accommodation will be provided for the candidates appearing for interview.
Office of the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests,
(Wildlife) and Chief Wildlife Warden,
Gujarat State, Aranya Bhavan,
Block No. B, First Floor, CH-3,
Screening will be done through the applications received and shortlisted applicants will be called for the skill test and an interview, after which the final selection result will be declared.
Candidate(s) should bring the duly filled-in application with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, experience, extra-curricular activities, date of birth etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations. All original documents should be produced at the time of registration for document verification. Applications without enclosures and/or incomplete in any respect shall be rejected.
Date of interview : 06 May 2015