Medicine as a Career Perspective
Published Date : 02 Jan 2015User Comments : No Comments - Ask a Question
There was once a time in human history when disease was misconstrued as curse from Gods. In 14th century the Black Plague in absence of credible medical care caused 75 million deaths and threatened human existence as a whole. Medicine is the science of diagnosis, treatment and cure of disease. It encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by the prevention and treatment of ailment.
With the advance in medical science human mortality rate have gone down significantly but due to the lack of credible medical help and consultation there are many in destitution and far off regions who still find themselves at the mercy of Gods. The field of Medicine provides one an opportunity to be of service to humanity. Its an honourable career path with limitless possibilities
How to Choose a Career in Medical
As an aspirant to become a doctor, one has to secure excellent scores in the relative competitive exam particularly Biology, Chemistry and Physics.Only those students who have completed their class 12 with science background are eligible to apply for medical entrances. There are certain exams that require the students to pass in the B.S or Pre Medical background.
Eligibility for Medical Entrance Exam
- The minimum age of the candidate should not be any less than 17 years.
- A candidate must have cleared Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination having Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects from a recognized board and English as one of the main subjects.
- A candidate should have passed the 10+2 exam with 50% aggregate in all the subjects i.e Chemistry, Biology, English and Physics.
- The minimum passing percentage for the reserve categories is 55 % to appear in these entrance exams.
Information on Important Dates
- The announcement for All India Pre-medical Examination (AIPMT) is usually made in December and tests are conducted by April/ May of the following year.
- State Institute level examinations are conducted usually in the months of May and June. National level institute examinations are usually announced in January- March and test are conducted in May-June.
Various Courses in Medical
- MBBS : If you are interested in becoming a doctor. The course is 5 years and 6 months long with internship. But you must also complete PG if you want to be successful.
- BDS : If you want to become a dentist. The course is 5 years long. But the field is saturated due to large number of private colleges.
- BAMS : If you want to become an Ayurveda doctor. The course is 5 years long. There are many job opportunities in this field.
- B Pharmacy : This course is 4 years long. After getting this degree, you can open a chemist’s shop, become a medical representative or take up a job in pharmaceutical company. You may also do M Pharm and get better opportunities.
- Pharm D : It is different from B Pharm. This course is 6 years long. It is more or less a combination of B Pharm and M Pharm. There are lots of opportunities to work abroad if you have this degree.
- BSc : It is a 3 year long course. You can select from various subjects like science, maths, physics, computer science, biotechnology etc. After BSc, you may complete MSc and take up teaching jobs or research.
Add Comments and Suggestions or Ask Questions about Medicine as a Career Perspective
Help us to improve this article/job posting "Medicine as a Career Perspective". We would be glad if you can comment below and provide your valuable suggestions and feedback. If this page have any wrong information/list or out of context content, then you can report us as well.
If you have any questions, you can also ask as in the following comments section. Our team will try to provide answers/solutions to all your Why, Who, Where, When, What, How and other related questions of Medicine as a Career Perspective