1. General Science and Knowledge of Computer Operation : Questions on General Science and Computer operation will cover general understating and application of science and Computers including matters of day to day observation and experience as may be expected from an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific or computer discipline.
2. History of India and Indian National Movement : Questions on history of India and Indian National Movement will be based on broad understanding of ancient, mediaeval and modern India’s political, social, economic, and cultural aspects and India’s Freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
3. Indian polity and Economy : Questions on Indian polity and economy will be based on Indian polity, Constitution, Panchayati raj and Community development, broad features of Indian economy and planning.
4. Geography and Demography of India : Questions will be based on a broad understanding of geographical, ecological and socio-economic aspects and demography of India.
5. Current Events : Questions will be based on important Uttarakhand State, National and International current events including games.
6. History of Uttarakand : Historical background of Uttarakhand : Ancient period (from earliest to 1200 AD) ; Mediaeval period (from 1200 to 1815 AD) : Important dynasties and their achievements; Gorkha invasion and administration, British rule, Tehri State and its administration, role of Uttarakhand in the Freedom Movement of India and related eminent personalities, historical sites and monuments; movements
for the formation of Uttarakhand, contribution of people of Uttarakhand in National and International fields, especially in Armed forces; different social reform movements, and different welfare programmes of Uttarakhand for SC, ST, children, minorities and women.
7. Culture of Uttarakand : Castes and tribes, religious and folk beliefs, literature and folk literature, traditions and customs, costumes and ornaments; Fairs and Festiveals, food habits, art and Crafts, dances, songs, musical instruments, major tourist places, important sports, tournaments and awards, famous authors and poets of Uttarakhand and their contribution in the field of Hindi literature and folk literature, State steps taken by Uttarakhand for the development of culture.
8. Geography and Demography of Uttarakhand : Geographical Setup. Salient features of Uttarakhand Himalaya. Rivers and streams, mountains, climate, forest resources and horticulture. Major crops and crop rotation. Means of irrigation. Agricultural holdings. Natural and man-made calamities and Disaster management. Water crises and watershed management. Problems of remote areas. Environment and environmental movements. Biodiversity and its preservation. Population of Uttarakhand: Classification, density, sex ratio, literacy and out-migration.
9. Economic, Political and Administrative Background of Uttarakhand :
I. Political and Administrative Background – Elected governments in Uttarakhand and their policies, different services in the State, the political and administrative systems, Panchayti raj,Community development and Co-operatives.
II. The historical background of the adminstrative system in Uttarakhand – Land management system under Gorkhas rule and British rule, district land management (Thokdari, van panchayat, civil and soyam forest, Kesar-i-hind(benap land)Nazul, nayabad settlements) Modern period Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand-Kumaun land reforms, changes in land tenures and collection of land revenue after the enforcement of Zamidari Abolition Act, revenue police system.
III. Economic background – Indo-Tibetan trade from border districts, the present position, local agriculture and animal husbandry, the uneconomic condition of land holdings and need for consoldation of holdings, Begar and Dadwar systems.
10. Economic and natural resoures : Human resources, Education system of the State and important educational institutes; forest, water, herbs, agriculture, animals, hydro electricity, minerals, tourism, industries (Small and Village), the position of utiliszation of resources.Various schemes being implemented in Uttrarakhand for the eradication of poverty and unemployment and for economic development. Economic activities and their contribution in the State GDP. The priorities of development in Uttarakhand and new strategies of planning and its problems. Marketing facilities in Uttarakhand and agriculture mandis. The salient features of the budget of Uttarakhand State.
1. General Intelligence : The questions on general intelligence will cover, both, verbal and non verbal types, including questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification and arithmetical number series. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilitiy to deal with abstract ideas, symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.