Just as other professionals viz., a doctor, an architect, a lawyer, etc., are bulding blocks of progressing world similarly an engineer is also a wheel of world’s development. Now it is one of the most prominent field attracting lots of young talents. Engineering is becoming top notch career option after Class 12th or after school.
An engineer is the one whose work is to design, analyse and build useful things which helps people and hence make the task easy to do. From inventing electricity to exploring "the world outside our world", an engineer has done wonders in bringing the world to this level of evolution.
Engineers are categorized according to the kind of field the choose to work in –
– Computer Science Engineering : deals with the study of computer hardware and software.
– Chemical Engineering : deals with the use of chemicals eg., oil, emulsion paints, etc.
– Electrical Engineering : deals with the application of electricity and electronic related devices.
– Mechanical Engineering : deals with the manufacturing and working of machines.
– Aerospace : deals with rocket sciences.
– Civil Engineering : deals with construction of building, bridges, etc.
– Information Technology : deals with computer software.
– Electronics & Communication : deals with analog,digital,cellular and satellite communication.
Creativity and skills are the main ingredients of becoming an engineer. One can start following the steps that leads to a successful future engineer. The following points are some of important ones to be kept in mind and followed :
– maths and sciences should be as compulsory subject in high school as well as intermediate.
– diploma is a good option after 10th in various techinal field.
– go for short term courses eg., computer language, etc course in your vacations.
– decide which field interests you and makes you feel best to work in it in future.
There is a boom in engineering industry in todays date. Technology and developement are never ending sectors of the world, but there are some branches of engineering which have slighly more scope and easy job getting possibility as compared to others.
Computer Science, Information Technology and Electronics and Communication background graduates have maximum opportunities in top notch I.T companies like Microsoft, IBM, Infosys, Wipro, Facebook, etc. while their job opportunities in government sector are not as good as in private.
Mountains and hills occupying 65% area of the state automatically leads to more demand of construction and developement which leads to healthy chances of vacancies in government sector as well. Also the Maharatna BHEL in Haridwar gives good opportunities for electrical, electronics and computer science based engineering graduates. Similarly Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is set up in Dehradun which hires mainly Electronics & Communication graduates. Civil, Electronics, Electrical and Electronics & Communication Engineering have regular job opportunities in Uttarakhand Government.