Career in Hotel Management
Published Date : 12 Jan 2015User Comments : 2 Responses - Ask a Question
Indian government has announced 100 smart cities to be built all over India to exploit the full potential of India’s growth story. Since better infrastructure is directly proportional to growth in hospitality and tourism industry, the possibilities of career advancements are endless. As hotel chain owners are constantly investing in new ventures, requirement for trained hotel management professionals is huge. Hotel management includes managing the resources for the smooth operations of Hotel & Restaurant establishments, Cruise Ships, Hospital Administration and Catering, Tourism, Airline Catering and Cabin Services, Club management, Forest Lodges, Guest Houses and Resorts.
Career Options in Hotel Management
Some of the roles and positions upon which recrution is done
- General Managers: Such professionals are responsible for all operations in a hotel.
- Resident Managers: Bestowed with the job to be available at just a call away.
- Executive Housekeepers: These professionals are expected to ensure cleanliness in the hotel.
- Front Office Managers: Most of the hotels own front desk, Front Office Managers manage the same.
- Convention Services Managers: These professionals work in close coordination with client and the conferencing facilities offered by the hotel for various conventions, meetings, seminars, etc
- Executive shef : Executive shef is responsible for looking after the various cooking related fields.
- Catering Manager: Catering manager duty is to look after the quality of food and beverage along with managing of restaurants and kitchen .
How To Persue A Career in Hotel Management
In order to work in top level or middle-level management, the minimum selection criteria for an undergraduate course is 10+2 with atleast 50% marks. However, candidates who do not have 50% marks in +2 can opt for a diploma or certificate program. National council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology conducts joint hotel management entrance exam in different Govt institutes all over India. There are several other reputed private institutes that conduct their own hotel management entrance examinations.
Programs and Courses
- B.A (Bachelor of Arts) in Hotel Management
- BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management)
- B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) in Hotel Management
- B.B.A (Bachelor of Business Administration) in Hotel Management
- M.Sc (Master of Science) in Hotel Management
- MBA (Master of Business Administration) in Hotel Management
- DHM (Diploma in Hotel Management
- PGDHM (Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management)
- Craftsmanship Courses in Hotel Industry
- Certificate courses in Catering and Hotel Management
Jobs Opportunties in Hotel Management
Currently there are over 25 lath people working in hotel, catering and hospitality industry in India and the number is going to increase in near future as growth with spread its feathers over new and existing cities and township.
Professionals coming from top end management institutes such as IHM receive package worth Rs 20,000 or more. Similarly, candidates with diploma or certification programs start from Rs 8,000 to 10,000. The salary package differs largely from employer to employer.
Top end hotels in India offer attractive career and growth prospects. Some of the leading hotel chains in India are as follows:
- Ambassador Group of Hotels
- Mansingh Group of Hotels
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- Peerless Group of Hotels
- Sarovar Park Group of Hotels
- Sinclairs Group of Hotels
- Best Western Group of Hotels
- Casino Group of Hotels
- Clarks Group of Hotels
- Fortune Park Group of Hotels
- ITDC Group of Hotels
- Jaypee Group of Hotels
- K Raheja Group of Hotels
- Le Meridien Group of Hotels
- Taj Group of Hotels
- Tulip Star Group of Hotels
- Welcome Heritage Group of Hotels
- Holiday Inn Group of Hotels
- HRH Group of Hotels
- ITC Group of Hotels
Top Institutes For Hotel Management
Following is the list of top institutions that provide degree and certificate program
- Institute of Hotel Management, Jodhpur
- Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow
- Institute of Hotel Management,Gandhinagar
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bhopal
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bhubaneswar
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management, Gangtok
- Institute of Hotel Management, Goa
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Applied Nutrition, Dehradun
- Institute of Hotel Management, Gurdaspur
- Institute of Hotel Management, Guwahati
Add Comments and Suggestions or Ask Questions about Career in Hotel Management
Help us to improve this article/job posting "Career in Hotel Management". We would be glad if you can comment below and provide your valuable suggestions and feedback. If this page have any wrong information/list or out of context content, then you can report us as well.
If you have any questions, you can also ask as in the following comments section. Our team will try to provide answers/solutions to all your Why, Who, Where, When, What, How and other related questions of Career in Hotel Management