Career in Computer Science and Information Technology is considered one of the most prevalent job trends. Multinational IT companies employ huge number of computer professionals from B.Tech/M.Tech and BCA/MCA in their national and international branches to regulate the work force to meet the demand and supply of this well oiled industry.
Aspirants having passed +2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics can pursue BTech or BCA. Its mandatory to have Mathematics as principle subjects when applying for BCA. Candidates are then subjected to Joint Entrance Examinations all over India. Successful candidates are then sorted according to their choices and ranks for various technical streams. Aspirants can also join polytechnic colleges after class 10th and take admission in 2nd yrs engineering course after finishing up their diploma with qualifying cutoff marks.
The various couses available in computer application that are recognised by UGC and AICTE are as follows
Aptitude To Be A Computer Professional
Candidates that have inclination towards programming and coding can do software engineering as well as those who prefer networking and system administration, can take Computer Science. Information and Technology is a subset of the Computer Science as IT mainly concerns itself with the programming and application prospect of computer science.
Computer Engineers gain plenty of work opportunities in IT sector in departments concerning the life cycle of software development i.e. design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc. They can also work as programmers, web developers, and E- commerce specialists with telecommunications companies, etc. Candidates from reputed engineering colleges get attractive job offers from MNCs. Candidates needs to have high percentage of mark and good communication skills as well as sound computer knowledge to not to face any problem in getting a job whether they are from a reputed engineering college or not. Engineers also get jobs opportunities in non-IT sectors like universities, research, private and public industries, government departments, business organisations, banking, etc.
– Software Developers: Software developers are professionals who are concerned with life cycle or water shed model of software development .
– Hardware Engineers: They research, design, develop, test, and oversee the installation of computer hardware.
– System Designer: System Designer indulges in system designing regarding Logical & Physical Designing.
– System Analyst: Professional researching about the existing problems and formulate solutions for the problem.
– Networking Engineers: Networking engineers design, implement and troubleshoot computer networks.
– DBA: Database Administrator design, implement, maintain, and repair an organization’s database.
How Much A Computer Profession Earn ?
In comparison to other sector, computer science graduates draw salaries ranging from INR 15,000 – 25,000 as start up package. After gaining some years of work experience, they can easily get a salary of INR 40000. Candidates who get opportunities to work in overseas project get added benefits and incentives which are coveted by most.
– International Business Machines Corporation
– Toshiba Corporation
– Dell Inc
– NEC Corporation
– Canon Inc
– Apple Inc
– ASUSTEK Computer Inc
– Acer Inc
– Lenovo Group Limited
– Sun Microsystem
Top Engineering institutes of India that have excellent IT program are as follows:-
– Indian Institute of Technology IIT Kanpur
– Indian Institute of Technology IIT Kharagpur
– Indian Institute of Technology IIT Bombay
– Indian Institute of Technology IIT Madras
– Indian Institute of Technology IIT Delhi
– BIT, Mesra
– NIT- National Institute of Technology Trichy
– Delhi College of Engineering , Delhi
– BITS Pilani
– IIT Roorkee
– College of Engg , Anna University, Guindy
– Jadavpur University , Faculty of Engg & Tech., Calcutta
– Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
– NIT- National Institute of Technology Warangal